You have the power to make Idaho's river clean and green
Water conservation is easier than you may realize. From setting a shower timer to to re-plumbing your house options are numerous. Sign the Clean Water Pledge below and read on for additional tips.
Keep Our Rivers Clean Tips and Tricks
- Set a 10-minute timer for your shower.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth or doing dishes.
- Only run the dishwasher or washing machine when it is totally full.
- Fix that leaky toilet or faucet.
- Install water-wise plumbing and shower heads.
- Collect rainwater for garden and lawn watering.
- Research water-wise products and produce, use the power of your dollar to influence water conservation.
- There are also ways to contribute to cleaner water.
- Always collect your pets' waste, especially in municipal parks.
- Use phosphorus-free fertilizer at your house.
- Plant grasses and other plants near your storm drain to absorb runoff from your yard and driveway.
- Find eco-friendly measures to manage unwanted weeds and insects.
For more tips and tricks go to our Waterwise Use Only What You Need page.