Why I Love a River Photo Contest
Submit your Idaho river images for a chance to have your photographs in Idaho Rivers United 2017 Calendar .
Calling all photographers! Show off the splendor, excitement or serenity of Idaho’s waterways by sending us your best shot of why you love a particular Idaho river, creek or natural lake (no reservoirs, please) or plant or animal along or in an Idaho river. You get the picture — just make sure to identify which Idaho body of water is featured.
The top two entries from each category plus the top two IRU staff favorites will be featured in IRU’s 2017 calendar. Winning photos and photographers will showcased in a gallery at our annual Auction for the Rivers, Oct 23, 2016. Winners will also receive an IRU T-shirt, a copy of the calendar, and a complimentary one-year IRU membership.
Requirements and How to Enter:
- This contest is open to all amateur, professional and youth photographers.
- Deadline for entry is midnight, Sept. 1, 2016.
- Digitally enter up to five images via email or on CD or flash drive (nonreturnable).
- All photos must in some way relate to Idaho’s outdoor water: rivers, creeks, tributaries, pond, lake, etc. (Please, no reservoirs.)
- Each entry must include category, location of photo, your name, address and phone number along with the words: “Entry for IRU Photo Contest."
- Entries must be at least 200 dpi (preferably 300 dpi) and 1920 x 1080 pixels and in .jpeg or .tiff format.
- All photos must be taken and owned by you and not previously published.
- All photography needs to be a true representation of the image or view of the photographer.
- Images that have been extensively altered by double exposure; assembly from two or more images; removal of obstructions or other significant parts; addition, subtraction, or duplication of elements within the image; or other alterations must be entered in the CREATIVE AND CLEVER category only.
- Idaho Rivers United (IRU) assumes no responsibility for submissions. Selected images are used on a non-exclusive basis and IRU retains the right to use submitted photos in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable. You may be required to sign a release form if photographs contain recognizable people.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit. IRU will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- IRU may share your photo submissions via Facebook and Instagram with #WhyILoveaRiver for promotional purposes.
- Send entries to: Anna@IdahoRivers.org or mail to: IRU Photo Contest, PO Box 633, Boise, ID 83701.
Winners will be notified by phone or email Oct. 3, 2016. Entries are evaluated on appeal, content, photographic skill, and ability to capture the essence of Idaho’s waterways. The decision of the judges is final. Winning photos will be limited to one per contestant.
Winning entries will be displayed and for sale at the annual Auction for the Rivers on Oct. 23, 2016 and in IRU’s 2017 calendar.
Action/Adventure – Photographs of people participating in recreational activities.
Flora & Fauna – Animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae.
Wild and Scenic – Expansive and dramatic views of wild rivers.
Creative and Clever - Humorous or composite/artistically-altered images.
Youth – Any entry by photographers under 16 years of age. Photographs must fit into one of the categories above.
Deadline for entry, Sept. 1, 2016.
Send Entries to: Anna@IdahoRivers.org or mail to:
IRU Photo Contest
PO Box 633
Boise, ID 83701